Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bzzz Bzzz Junebug

So, hubby and I were in Target the other day and he voiced his displeasure at the fact that I had only been buying boxed wine for the last couple of months.  We were in need of wine anyway so I went down the wine aisle and grabbed a familiar bottle of Yellow Tail Sauvignon Blanc but I also wanted to try something new.  A wine called Junebug caught my eye.  When I was pregnant with my oldest daughter, L, she was due in June so we called her Junebug until we knew she was a girl.  Pus the bottle was pretty and cheerful so I grabbed it.

A couple of days later I chilled it and opened it.  It was a 2010 Pinot Grigio that had cost $9.99.  I didn't see any other varieties but I'll look next time I'm in Target.  I tried to do some research on it but I haven't been able to find much info aside from people blogging about it or asking people on Yahoo Answers about it.

I sampled it alone at first.  It was light and fruity with a hint of citrus...perfect for summer.  next, I paired it with grilled chicken and it went really well together.  I think it would be great with light, summery seafood dishes too.

I wish I could find more information on it.  I'll keep looking and add to this is I find out anything more.

No comments: